Have a position you are looking to fill? CGEAN will post job openings for nursing administration positions for both members and non-members at no cost. These positions will be available for all members and non-members to view. Jobs will be listed for 60 days unless otherwise requested. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your job posting. Please allow 3 - 5 business days from the time you send your request before your posting will be listed.
Job Posting: November 6, 2017
Job ID: 90380
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ydcctbd28s9464mq
Job Posting: September 15, 2017
Director of Nursing Education, Research & Magnet Program
Job # 30087458
Location: Beaumont Hospital – Farmington Hills
28050 Grand River Ave., Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Beaumont Health is Michigan’s largest health care system (based on inpatient admissions and net patient revenue) formed in 2014 to provide patients with compassionate, extraordinary care, no matter where they live in Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals, 168 health centers, nearly 5,000 physicians and 35,000 employees, Beaumont Health contributes to the health and well-being of residents throughout southeast Michigan and beyond. Beaumont Farmington Hills Hospital is a 330-bed hospital and verified trauma center located in Farmington Hills. Each year Beaumont Farmington Hills Hospital cares for more than 16,000 inpatients and 60,000 emergency trauma patients with 2,500 employees, 300 volunteers and more than 600 physicians. The hospital is home to an extensive medical education program affiliated with Michigan State University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine.
The Director of Nursing Education, Research and Magnet is the nursing leader with 24-hour accountability for the planning, coordinating, directing and evaluating of nursing staff development, continuing education, nursing orientation and nursing research. The Beaumont Professional Practice Model and Patient and Family Centered Care will be used as the foundation for developing and implementing all professional development programming. This position provides leadership and management of Clinical Nurse Specialists, Education Specialists and others as directed. The Director will oversee the assessment of learning needs for all levels of nursing and provide educational opportunities to address identified needs. The Director, Nursing Education, Research, Magnet Program Director is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and overseeing the Magnet Program. In this role the Director will develop and implement organizational strategies and infrastructure to support clinical quality, operational effectiveness and shared leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training: Master's degree in Nursing is required.
B. Work Experience: Minimum of five years' experience in education or clinical setting with advancing leadership responsibilities. Previous research coordination, previous ANCC Magnet program coordination and DNP preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration: Current and unrestricted registered nurse license in the State of Michigan. BLS instructor with certification
D. Other Qualifications: Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively present programs to small and large groups, strong verbal and written communication skills for all levels and all disciplines. Project management experience, strong organizational skills. Ability to plan, execute successful education programs. Working knowledge of Joint Commission and CMS standards. Analytical abilities for planning and direction of hospital performance and clinical quality initiatives. Ability to organize and execute large seminars/education offers. Strong leadership skills, ability to present information in an organized manner, problem solving skills. Basic computer proficiency.
For more information on our hospital please click here: https://www.beaumont.org
To apply, please click here: Director of Nursing Education Research and Magnet
Job Posting: September 15, 2017
Job Posting: Practice Supervisor II
Account: Sparrow Health System
Facility: Sparrow Medical Group, Lansing MI
Full Time - 8:00am - 5:00pm
General Purpose of Job:
The Practice Supervisor II is responsible for the day-to-day operations of one or more practice sites. This includes, but is not limited to, staffing, systems, patient flow, expense management and other functions required to maintain an effective service oriented practice. Ensures that safe, quality care is delivered according to current evidence based standards of practice. The Practice Supervisor II provides nursing care and triage when appropriate.
· In conjunction with site providers and the Operations Director, determines staffing needs required. Selects, trains, and manages, evaluates and disciplines site staff. Processes time records and all other Caregiver records required by SMG. Orients and oversees the continuing education of practice Caregivers.
· Assists in communicating a shared vision within the Practice which motivates others to achieve operational goals and objectives. Develops and implements systems to ensure the smooth efficient, ongoing operations of the practice. Ensures that provider and patient needs are met.
· Maintains an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, high levels of Caregiver engagement, teamwork, customer service and continuous improvement within the Practice.
· Maintains a constant two-way flow of information to all key relationships and customers.
· Empowers direct reports by delegating clear responsibility, accountability and authority to meet mutually agreed upon expectations.
· In conjunction with the Operations Director and physicians, develops and monitors key performance indicators on a regular basis. Recommends action plans to correct any negative variances.
· Works in conjunction with Billing Office Manager to ensure that data input and collection procedures are appropriately followed.
· In conjunction with the Sparrow Quality Department and Operations Director, develops, implements and monitors quality assurance standards and Patient satisfaction for the site. Initiates action plans needed to resolve issues.
· In cooperation with Practice Physicians, monitors site budget. Monitors budget performance on a monthly basis.
· Ensures compliance with State, Federal and accreditation regulations in reference to patient care and the physical environment.
· Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment that minimizes work related illness and injury.
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences Required
Associate's degree as RN
License / Certification:
Current Michigan License to practice as a Registered Nurse
Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
Click HERE for a .pdf of this employment opportunity.