Have a position you are looking to fill? CGEAN will post job openings for nursing administration positions for both members and non-members at no cost. These positions will be available for all members and non-members to view. Jobs will be listed for 60 days unless otherwise requested. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your job posting. Please allow 3 - 5 business days from the time you send your request before your posting will be listed.
Job Posting: September 15, 2017
Job Posting: Practice Supervisor II
Account: Sparrow Health System
Facility: Sparrow Medical Group, Lansing MI
Full Time - 8:00am - 5:00pm
General Purpose of Job:
The Practice Supervisor II is responsible for the day-to-day operations of one or more practice sites. This includes, but is not limited to, staffing, systems, patient flow, expense management and other functions required to maintain an effective service oriented practice. Ensures that safe, quality care is delivered according to current evidence based standards of practice. The Practice Supervisor II provides nursing care and triage when appropriate.
· In conjunction with site providers and the Operations Director, determines staffing needs required. Selects, trains, and manages, evaluates and disciplines site staff. Processes time records and all other Caregiver records required by SMG. Orients and oversees the continuing education of practice Caregivers.
· Assists in communicating a shared vision within the Practice which motivates others to achieve operational goals and objectives. Develops and implements systems to ensure the smooth efficient, ongoing operations of the practice. Ensures that provider and patient needs are met.
· Maintains an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, high levels of Caregiver engagement, teamwork, customer service and continuous improvement within the Practice.
· Maintains a constant two-way flow of information to all key relationships and customers.
· Empowers direct reports by delegating clear responsibility, accountability and authority to meet mutually agreed upon expectations.
· In conjunction with the Operations Director and physicians, develops and monitors key performance indicators on a regular basis. Recommends action plans to correct any negative variances.
· Works in conjunction with Billing Office Manager to ensure that data input and collection procedures are appropriately followed.
· In conjunction with the Sparrow Quality Department and Operations Director, develops, implements and monitors quality assurance standards and Patient satisfaction for the site. Initiates action plans needed to resolve issues.
· In cooperation with Practice Physicians, monitors site budget. Monitors budget performance on a monthly basis.
· Ensures compliance with State, Federal and accreditation regulations in reference to patient care and the physical environment.
· Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment that minimizes work related illness and injury.
Establishes policies, procedures and protocols necessary to accomplish daily tasks, processes and long range goals consistent with standards established by SMG.
Coordinates the development of educational materials and protocols for clinical practice, including providing counseling to patients and family members in relation to health and family matters, developmental needs and crises.
Performs all duties of a RN as defined on the Registered Nurse (RN) job description.
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences Required
Associate's degree as RN
License / Certification:
Current Michigan License to practice as a Registered Nurse
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide care for clients which is age-specific to meet their physical and safety needs, psychosocial concerns and educational level
- Visual and auditory acuity necessary to monitor patient's condition and operate office equipment
- Ability to work in an EMR environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
Click HERE for a .pdf of this employment opportunity.
Job Posting: June 22, 2017
Job Title: SENIOR NURSING SCIENCE FACULTY ASSISTANT PHD PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Organization Name: East Carolina University
Type: Tenured, tenure track
Salary: Not specified
Employment: Type Full-time
Vacancy #: 002635
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Job Description: The East Carolina University College of Nursing seeks applicants for a full-time tenure track faculty position at the associate or full professor level within the Department of Nursing Science. This individual will be responsible for conducting research and teaching predominately in the graduate and doctoral programs. There will be a 40% administrative component as the Assistant Director of the PhD program in the Department of Nursing Science. Additionally, the faculty member will teach three courses per academic year and advise and mentor PhD students. All members of the college of Nursing faculty are expected to participate in shared governance through committee work.
Assistant Director of the PhD program responsibilities include:
Working in conjunction with the Department of Nursing Science Chair in providing administrative oversight of the PhD program.
Monitoring the quality of the educational process.
Identifying opportunities for program enrichment and innovation.
Incorporating new developments in nursing science into the curriculum.
Progressing and retaining PhD students.
Recruiting and selecting highly qualified applicants for the PhD program.
Overseeing the mentorship and advisement by program faculty for all PhD students.
Mentoring junior faculty in research, teaching and advising strategies.
Eligibility for tenure at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
Earned PhD in nursing - or - PhD in a related field and a graduate degree in nursing from appropriately accredited institutions.
Demonstrated success in teaching excellence and in research.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills.
Evidence of excellence in advisement of PhD students and mentorship of faculty colleagues.
Preferred Education and Experience:
A PhD in nursing (preferred).
Academic appointment will be commensurate with the training/experience of the successful candidate.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online (PeopleAdmin system) to be considered for the position. Applicants must complete a candidate profile or staff application (see "Application Types Accepted" below) online via the PeopleAdmin system. In addition, applicants must submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the following required applicant documents: (a) curriculum vitae, (b) letter of interest; (c) list of three references with contact information, and (d) research plan (no more than 3 pages) detailing synopsis of applicant's research to date, plans for furthering their trajectory of scientific inquiry, and potential funding mechanisms for this research trajectory.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 002635 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=86423
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Click HERE for a .pdf of this employment opportunity.